Our Care and
Storage and Maintenance
- Store all out of press rollers at room temperature, in a dry area, covered, and away from direct sunlight.
- Suspend all out of press rollers on their journals, with a minimum of 1/4″ of free space between the rollers. The weight of the rollers themselves will cause flat spots or depressions.
- When rolls are received during cold weather, let the rollers warm to room temperature for 48 hours before using.
- When removing or installing rollers, handle with care. Damage may occur to the journals or the covering from laying flat or any sharp blows.
- Try to use an environmentally friendly roller wash. This will help to maximize roller life and provide a better environment for your Pressmen.
- Rubber rejuvenators and pastes are only temporary fixes. If a roller has reached this point, it should be recovered.
- Set up a roller maintenance program. Know when a roller is installed and at what position. Many rollers can be reground and repositioned when identical cores are present.
- Spare rollers are a must to minimize costly downtime and delays. Try to keep spares for key positions such as ductors, forms, and dampeners.
SUGGESTED ROLLER INVENTORIES